Living in a ‘High Risk’ Area’? Struggling to Get a Quote?
You can’t help where you live. What you can do, is put yourself in a lower risk group with our telematics smart box car insurance.
How It Works
It’s basic maths: the less you drive, the less likely you are to be involved in a collision. So good news for you, if you drive less, we can offer a cheaper premium!
We suggest calculating how many miles you will need, as we do monitor your mileage from beginning to end. But not to worry if you do need more miles, it’s easy to top up online. The safer your driving is, the cheaper your top up miles will be.
What’s a Telematics Smart Box?
A telematics smart box is a small device that collects helpful data about your driving. The one you'll have is about the size of a smart phone and contains:
- A GPS tracker to show the location of your car at all times
- Used for theft recovery, provided it is still intact.
- A motion sensor to capture your style of driving
- You’ll build a positive driving score to qualify for a lower renewal rates, and prove you’re not a high risk driver.
- A SIM card to send information to your online driver dashboard
- Review your driving and monitor how many miles you have left.
What'll be tracked?
We won’t monitor your every move. It’s mostly used to prove you’re not a high risk driver. This information can be invaluable if you ever need to make a claim.
If ever your car is stolen, your telematics smart box will help recover it.
You won’t be surprised to learn that emergency and commercial vehicles have been using them for years!
How to get driving feedback
You can access information about your driving 24/7 through your online driving dashboard.
- Feedback about your driving
- Check your mileage
- Access to policy documents and papers
- As soon as you take out your policy, you'll be given the login details.